Sunday, 13 October 2013

Christmas creations................

Being creative is a real gift from the Goddess, it allows us to explore the things we love.
Last year Linda from Flowers on my table sent me a beautiful mushroom she had made, so inspired by that precious gift I am making lots of my own mushroom designs to embellish my Christmas gifts this year. They are mostly paper mache and velvet fabric with mica and glass glitter for the frost and the most fun to make. I have been spying the real ones everywhere especially when I am running or on our walks, I have been taking lots of pictures to  help inspire me...here are some of my Christmas mushrooms xx












I have also been patch working and printing some huge comfy cushions from old worn hemp and felted cream wool , we really like huge feathered things to sink into on cosy Autumn nights.



Are you starting to make and prepare special gifts for your family and friends ?
Hugs Lynn xxxxx


12 comments:

Kris said...

I LOVE your mushrooms!! They are so real looking!!

wanda miller said...

BEAUTY at it's best! and funny you should ask about getting gifts ready...YES I have begun! ;)

Maria said...

Ooh I LOVE these little mushroom creations and the way they glitter so very magically! ~ Gorgeous Lynne..~ I haven't thought to much about ( Christmas) yet I am a thinking us ladies who work in retail are perhaps the worst for sorting out our Christmas ideas!!! hehe.....Happy Sunday to lovely YOU x Hugs Maria x

Jayne said...

They are so lovely and delicate Lynn and we love cushions too, throws, candles, lanterns and fairy lights abound in our house at this time of year. I have been thinking of Christmas a little more the last few days...

YONKS said...

They are splendid. You are such a talent! I'm sure I've said that before :-)
Di
xoxo

Hannapat said...

These are amazing Lynn, I love each and every one of them. What a very lovely gift to give. You are so talented! Wishing you a very happy and creative week xoxo

Hannapat said...

These are amazing Lynn, I love each and every one of them. What a very lovely gift to give. You are so talented! Wishing you a very happy and creative week xoxo

The Cloth Shed said...

Lynn, those cushions are to die for!
Big cushions are most definitely the best for snuggling up with, especially as the nights are drawing in. I made a couple of cushions with feather pillows a few months ago and I have been known to fall asleep on the sofa thinking I was in bed!
If they are destined for etsy... Let me know.
Julie x

Veronica Roth said...

Lynn, those are beautiful mushrooms and I love your new creations for Christmas. I guess it's time to get going on all the Christmas stuff, plus, I'm back in England for Christmas so have to start getting creative. Keep up the good work. :)

Vicki Boster said...

Lynn- the mushrooms are absolutely amazing-- they look like you just picked them from the woods---

The cushions are exquisite- add a cup of tea and a good book and you have the makings for a perfect evening--

You've been SO busy-- beautifully busy--
Vicki

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

Love, love, love the mushrooms! Brilliant.

Harplight said...

So beautiful! I love them! I hope to be posting my own version of mushrooms later this year too! Thank you for posting your beautiful creations!